Watermelon Slice Cocktail Recipe
Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime….now that song is stuck in your head, isn’t it? Sorry about that – maybe a replacement thought is in order. How about watermelon?
Mmmm, watermelon. It’s almost synonymous with summer, isn’t it? A nice cold slice of sweet, juicy watermelon can cool off even the hottest afternoon. Grab it with both hands and dig in, let the juice run down your chin – it’s a summer ritual that brings a smile to almost every face.
But sometimes you want sweet and delicious without a juicy, sticky mess. And who wants to wait until summer to enjoy? Not to worry, because there are alternatives, like the Watermelon Slice Cocktail. It’s not going to help you make your 5-a-day, but it’s wonderfully sweet and fruity. It also has a sneaky little kick, so be careful!
Recipe: Watermelon Slice Cocktail
- ½ oz. grenadine
- ½ oz. white rum
- ½ oz. gin
- ½ oz. triple sec
- ½ oz. vodka
- 4 oz. orange juice
- 4 oz. cranberry juice
- 1 oz. Midori melon liqueur
- Fill a hurricane glass with ice.
- Add grenadine, then vodka, rum, gin, and triple sec.
- Add orange juice, then cranberry juice. Pour slowly to keep the juices from mixing completely.
- Float with Midori.
- Serve the drink unstirred so that the layers are visible, but stir before drinking.
Number of servings (yield): 1